New Leadership for the Mountain View Whisman School District
- Ensure every student is taught to his or her potential
- Attract top teachers and support them with quality training to improve education.
- Spend Measure G Bond money wisely on facilities to serve our community for generations to come.
- Support appropriate integration of technology into the classroom.
Experience you can trust
- MVWSD Budget Task force (2006-7)
- Board of the Mountain View Whisman Educational Foundation (2009-2014)
- MVWSD Facilities Task Force (2013-2015)
- MVWSD Boundaries Task Force ( 2014-current )
- Volunteer at Landels School for GATE programs.
- Coach of Mountain View Los Altos softball.
- Fluent Spanish speaker from living in Latin America for several years.
- Lived in downtown Mountain View for 14 years.
- Two children attended Landels and Graham Middle School.
- Wife, Amy, teaches first grade at Landels Elementary
- Computer Engineer managing a chip design group for Advanced Micro Devices.
- Programmer during the dot com boom.
- Previously ran two small businesses.
What will I bring to the MVWSD Board?
- A voice of reason and common sense problem solving.
- Management experience focused on encouraging and inspiring people.
- Number skills to analyse budgets.
- Sense of humor to keep it fun.
Peter coaching MVLAGS Summer Stars softball