Goals for the Mountain View Whisman School District
- Teach every student to their potential.
- Attract top teachers and support them with quality training to improve education.
- Spend Measure G Bond money wisely on facilities to serve our community for generations to come.
- Support appropriate integration of technology into the classroom.
- Served on the MVWSD Budget Task force.
- Served on the Board of the Mountain View Whisman Educational Foundation.
- Volunteer at Landels School for GATE programs.
- Coach of Mountain View Los Altos softball.
- Fluent Spanish speaker from living in Latin America for several years.
- Lived in downtown Mountain View for 10 years.
- Two children attended Landels and now attend Graham Middle School.
- Wife, Amy, teaches kindergarten at Landels. (Does that create a conflict of interest?)
- Computer Engineer manager working for Advanced Micro Devices.
- Programmer during the dot com boom.
- Previously ran two small businesses.
What will I bring to the MVWSD Board?
- Common sense problem solving.
- Management skills to encourage and inspire people.
- Number skills to analyse budgets.
- Sense of humor to keep it fun.
Peter coaching MVLAGS Summer Stars softball